Our portfolio includes specialist research and diagnostics, education and training, pharmaceutical production, international and private patients, and innovation.
Commercial enterprise and innovation are a key part of the trust’s five-year business strategy.
Revenue from commercial activity is invested back into the NHS, to ensure we continue to deliver to exceptional standards for our patients.
We are able to support with projects including:
- Product launch, planning and implementation
- Costing and pricing analysis
- Market opportunity assessments
- Sales and marketing planning
- Finance processes, strategy and modelling
- Board-level assistance, support and advice
- Funding applications
- Commercial partnership development
- Innovation and intellectual property support
- Product evaluations, diagnostics and medical technologies
- Data services
- Real world evaluations
- Product development
- Service improvement
Why choose Newcastle Hospitals?
As one of the largest and most successful teaching hospital trusts in the country, with around 16,000 staff, we are a major anchor institution in the region with a strong track record in providing high quality care, clinical excellence and innovation.
With world-class facilities and a wealth of clinical and operational expertise, our hospitals provide a wide range of services, which also form the basis of a significant programme of research, evaluation and collaboration with industry – regionally, nationally and internationally.
As the country’s second largest provider of specialised services, the medical, surgical, diagnostic and nursing care provided at our hospitals reaches around 1.7 million patient contacts a year.
Our clinicians have specialist expertise in a number of rare and complex areas including cancer, neurological and genetic conditions.
With a longstanding focus on quality and innovation, we support pioneering clinical practice and as a leader in healthcare research and development, we have a strong working relationships with partners including:
- Health Innovation North East and North Cumbria
- National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) including the NIHR Innovation Observatory
- Northern Health Science Alliance
- Newcastle Health Innovation Partners (the region’s Academic Health Science Centre)
- The Newcastle NIHR Med Tech and In Vitro Diagnostic Cooperative (MIC)
- Diagnostics North East (DXNE)
- The world-leading Campus for Ageing and Vitality, the National Innovation Centre for Ageing and the National Innovation Centre for Data.
- Newcastle University
- Invest Newcastle
The north east also has a well-established life science sector (around 200 companies contributing upwards of £1.1 billion), which actively collaborates with the NHS and universities.